Here you will find some miscellaneous information on Calvin, how to use it, and possibly why.
For returning visitors, there is a description of what has changed recently in the Release Notes.
- Start by Installing Calvin
- Read up on CalvinScript and Applications
- Learn a bit about what Actors are
- Write an application in the Calvin GUI
- Connect some sensors and actuators to your application
You should now be ready to have a look at the Tutorial. It is not complete, but it should give you a basic understanding of how Calvin applications work.
Now, the following topics should give a deeper understanding of to set up and run a Calvin system.
- Configure a Calvin runtime
- How deployment of applications work in Calvin.
- The Calvin Tools - compiler, parser, etc.
- Understanding Security and how to enable it in your Calvin system.
Develop (With) Calvin
There are a couple of pages of particular interest when developing and deploying Calvin applications;
- The Actor documentation is a complete list of all actors currently available
- The Control API describes the REST-API used for controlling a Calvin runtime
- Finally, the page CalvinScript describes all the fiddly details of the Calvin application script.
- Set up your ways of working with Editor Support (under construction).
- Read how to contribute, and do so.
- Get familiar with the platform abstraction modules calvinsys and calvinlib.
Finally, an all-you-can-read buffet of Calvin publications is available for your perusal.