HybridAuth enables developers to easily build social applications and tools to engage website visitors and customers on a social level by implementing social sign-in, social sharing, users profiles, friends list, activities stream, status updates and more.
The main goal of HybridAuth is to act as an abstract API between your application and various social APIs and identities providers such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and Google.
- HybridAuth makes it easy to authenticate users with a wide variety of well known social networks.
- HybridAuth provides the connected user profiles in a rich, simple and standardized structure across all the social APIs.
- Besides authentication, HybridAuth enables you to interact with the social API that the users are connected to in a simple way.
- The complexity of implementing identity providers authentication and authorization protocols are simplified for developers.
- All transactions are completely transparent to the end user.
HybridAuth can be used for many purposes, such as:
- enabling users to sign-in/sign-up using popular social services;
- allowing users to share their comments, reviews and other activities from your site to their friends via social networks;
- building social applications and tools to be integrated on a blog, web site, web applications, ERP or CRM, etc.
HybridAuth repository is made up of several projects:
- HybridAuth Core library includes OpenID, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, MySpace, Google, Yahoo, Windows Live, Foursquare and AOL.
- The additional providers project contains many others services which you may want to use,
- Examples and demos contains three working examples for you to test,
We highly recommend that you download and use the latest release from HybridAuth website at http://hybridauth.sourceforge.net/download.html
You can find complete documentation for HybridAuth at http://hybridauth.sourceforge.net