- Allows to play with a friend, a random player or an artificial intelligence.
- Supports castling, en passant, selective promotion, color selection, check and mate detection, threefold repetition, and move validation.
- Chess clock, integrated chat, real time spectator mode and analysis interface available.
- Chess variants abailable: Standard and Chess960
- Translated to more than 45 languages thanks to contributors.
- Play Chess with a friend
- Play Chess with a random player
- Play Chess with the computer
- Real time list of games beeing played
- List of all games
- List of all players
- Game analysis
I'm eagerly waiting for bug reports and feature requests in Lichess Forum
Lichess is built on Symfony2, which is under heavy development at the moment.
It requires APC. It's a free and open opcode cache for PHP.
It uses MongoDB for game storage.
git clone git://github.com/ornicar/lichess.git cd lichess git submodule init git submodule update --init --recursive
Open your browser at http://myhostname/check.php
You can also run checks from command line, but the results may differ:
By running this script:
It will build the bootstrap, clear the cache, warm it up, load fixtures, create MongoDB indexes and symlink assets.
You can run this script as many times as needed. Note that it reinitializes the dev and test databases.
Open your browser at http://myhostname/index_dev.php
The default AI is crafty, a opensource program written in C.
sudo apt-get install crafty
If you can't or don't want to install crafty, you can disable it:
# lichess/config/config.yml lichess: ai: crafty: enabled: false priority: 2 executable_path: /usr/bin/crafty book_dir: /usr/share/crafty stupid: enabled: true priority: 1
Lichess will then use the next AI available, called "stupid". It's dumb as hell but it plays :)
If you get cache slam warning in logs, upgrade APC and/or disable the warnings in apc.ini
Lichess is well tested. You should run the tests if you plan to modify the code.
You need PHPUnit 3.5 installed.
Run all unit and functional tests
phpunit -c lichess
To get functional tests passing, you need to enable APC in CLI.
# /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/apc.ini extension=apc.so apc.enabled=1 apc.enable_cli=1 apc.shm_segments=1 apc.shm_size=64