Compare Maps is a configurable application template used to compare multiple web maps.
July 2015 Release Updates
- Auto Sync: Automatically sync maps to the first map. Disable this behavior by setting auto_sync to false in config/defaults.js
- Search: Add a search box to each map by setting search to true in config/defaults.js
- Compare multiple web maps side by side.
- Sync maps based on scale.
- Display legend and description
- Download and unzip the .zip file or clone the repository.
- Web-enable the directory.
- Access the .html page.
- Start writing your template!
- To deploy this application, download the template from Portal/ArcGIS Online and unzip it.
- Copy the unzipped folder containing the web app template files, such as index.html, to your web server. You can rename the folder to change the URL through which users will access the application. By default the URL to the app will be
http://<Your Web Server>/<app folder name>/index.html
- Change the sharing host, found in defaults.js inside the config folder for the application, to the sharing URL for ArcGIS Online or Portal. For ArcGIS Online users, keep the default value of www.arcgis.com or specify the name of your organization.
- ArcGIS Online Example:
"sharinghost": location.protocol + "//" + “<your organization name>.maps.arcgis.com
- Portal Example where
arcgisis the name of the Web Adaptor:
"sharinghost": location.protocol + "//" + "webadaptor.domain.com/arcgis"
"//js.arcgis.com/3.13"and replace this portion of the reference with the url to your local install.
- For example:
arcgisis the name of your Web Adaptor.
- Copy a map or group ID from Portal/ArcGIS Online and replace the default web map ID in the application’s default.js file found in the config folder. You can now run the application on your web server or customize the application further.
- Notepad or HTML editor
Found a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute. Please see our guidelines for contributing.
Copyright 2017 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the license is available in the repository's license.txt file.