This application helps you test and understand the different aspects of the Android location capabilities. It's highly configurable and you can use it to test GPS and Network location output across multiple devices. Test all aspects of Android's location capabilities. Configurable for trying out different scenarios.
More information on using the tool and working with Android geolocation capabilities are available in these three blog posts:
Getting Started with Eclipse
Click here for directions on getting started with Eclipse or the ADT Bundle.
Satellite Data View:
- Maps Network and GPS locations.
- Displays information on both Network and GPS Location.
- Displays satellite and NMEA data
- Let's you configure and try out different scenarios.
- Access configuration via the application settings menu.
- Android Studio
- Google Android SDK (version 21 or greater)
- Android Phone or Tablet (v5.x) App contains UI fragments.
- Mapping Library - Installation instructions here: ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android
- Experience with Java software development
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an Issue on this repo.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute.
Copyright 2015 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the license is available in the repository's license.txt file.
(Esri Tags: Android GPS Test ArcGIS Location Tools) (Esri Language: Java)