Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
How to Use the ArcGIS Editor for OSM Toolset
See the Documentation topic for the installation, specific workflows, and customizations available.
ArcGIS Editor for OSM
Updated version of the ArcGIS Editor for OSM Desktop 10.6 is now available. Important - please see Release Notes for key updates included, especially if you've used this tool in the past as there changes to how it works.
Download/installer for 10.6 is available from: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=0c4b24608fc94542ba5d1130c0606802
To get other versions, download the .zip file from the corresponding ArcGIS Online page:
- [http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=4533407decd94428817a228cb36964cf 10.5.x - ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap, 10.5.x]
- [https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c18d3d0d5c62465db60f89225fdd2698 10.4.x - ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap, 10.4.x]
- [http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=75716d933f1c40a784243198e0dc11a1 10.3.x - ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap, 10.3.x]
- [http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=16970017f81349548d0a9eead0ebba39 10.2.1 or 10.2.2 - ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap, 10.2.x]
- ''Note:'' We no longer have an installer for 10.2.0, as significant changes were made to the OSM Toolbox at our 10.2.1 release.
- [http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=6a2a3c3cece749558393d4e80241ef51 10.1 - ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap, 10.1]
- [http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=620e5a4c4e3d4125aed3f66110870257 10.0 - ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap, 10.0]
To apply an update, do the following:
- Download the updated installer from the provided ArcGIS Online page.
- Uninstall your previous version of ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap.
- Run the setup.exe in the .zip file you downloaded in Step 1.
- When the setup is complete, the OpenStreetMap Toolbox will be available in your System Toolboxes when you launch ArcMap and browse in the catalog window
The ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap supports working with OpenStreetMap data in ArcGIS. You can load data from OpenStreetMap and store it in a geodatabase, and then use the familiar editing environment of ArcGIS Desktop to create, modify, do network analysis, or update data. Once you are done editing, you can post back the edit changes to OSM to make them available to all OSM users. See documentation to get started.
ArcGIS Desktop for Home Use Program
Through the [http://www.esri.com/arcgis-for-home/index.html ArcGIS for Home Use Program] you can get ArcGIS Desktop, install the ArcGIS Editor for OpenStreetMap extension (free), and then use the powerful ArcGIS editing environment to download and use OSM data, and contribute data back to OSM.
We welcome found issues, defects, enhancement ideas, or your user stories. See the "Contribute" topic for reporting them to us.
Next to: Documentation