Geoportal Server is a standards-based, open source product that enables discovery and use of geospatial resources including data and services.
Geoportal Server allows you to catalog the locations and descriptions of your organization's geospatial resources in a central repository called a geoportal, which you can publish to the Internet or your intranet. Visitors to the geoportal can search and access these resources to use with their projects. If you grant them permission, visitors can also register geospatial resources with the geoportal. Geoportals give you an enterprise-level view of your geospatial resources regardless of their type or location. Resources are registered with a geoportal using metadata, which describes the location, age, quality, and other characteristics of the resources. With access to this information about resources, an organization can make decisions based on the best resources available. Geoportal Server has been hosted on SourceForge since 2010. We are in the process of migrating to GitHub as part of Esri's larger effort to support developers of the Esri platform with open source apps, samples, and SDK. Stay tuned for updates of this migration process.
With the Geoportal Server you can:
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of geospatial activities within your enterprise and across organizations.
- Support collaboration and cooperation among departments and organizations by facilitating the sharing of geospatial resources regardless of the GIS platform.
- Gain an enterprise-level awareness of disparate geospatial data, Web services, and activities.
- Leverage existing geospatial resources so your organization doesn't duplicate those resources or the effort to create them.
- Ensure the use of approved, high-quality datasets.
- Reduce the time users spend trying to find relevant, usable geospatial resources.
Want to learn more? Try our sandbox site!
Want to get started right away? Download the [compiled distribution and installation files] (https://github.com/Esri/geoportal-server/releases/download/v1.2.8/geoportal-1.2.8.zip).
Releases and Downloads
- 1.2.9 - Released September 29, 2017, click here for release information and downloads.
Please click here for key features of Geoportal Server.
Please refer to here for system requirements.
- The wiki hosts topics for how to install, configure, customize, and use the Geoportal Server and its related components.
- The Javadoc describes the Java packages used in the Geoportal Server web application.
Support or Contact
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and we’ll help you sort it out.
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue.
Esri welcomes contributions from anyone and everyone. Please see our guidelines for contributing.
Copyright 2013 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the license is available in the repository's license.txt file.