Geoportal Server v 1.2.4 What's New
Clone this wiki locally
Geoportal Server 1.2.4 adds the following major features and improvements (see Release Notes for full details):
- Support for DCAT and with the capability to customize DCAT output through a configuration file, see Customize DCAT output
- Geoportal Facets customization: Initial sample integration of Apache solr to enable faceting a catalog and distributing an index. See Geoportal Facets.
- JSON response enhancements: including optimization of json response structure and added support for geojson
- ATOM feeds harvesting: Support harvesting of ATOM feeds (1.0). See How to Publish Resources.
- AGP-TO-AGP harvesting: Support harvesting from one Portal for ArcGIS instance to another Portal for ArcGIS instance through the Geoportal Server, see AGP-TO-AGP Harvesting with the Geoportal.
- Portal for ArcGIS Integration: Add geoportal metadata editing capability for Portal for ArcGIS, AGP-TO-AGP harvesting, Conduct federated search within ArcGIS Portal instances, etc.
- ScripRunner scheduled task: Geoportal's task scheduling framework now includes a simple task with endless uses: run a script on your webserver at a scheduled time. Export to WAF? Generate catalog statistics? etc.
- Map Viewer enhancements: Upgrade default map viewer configuration with ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.3 and Geoportal FindData Widget.
- Searching by dataset dates: Ability to search ISO-19115, 19115-2, and FGDC records by time period of the dataset content. See Indexing and Searching the Time Period of the Content.
- Predefined filter on search page through URL: Enables passing search terms as a search filter in the URL,search.page?filter=searchdata. Users can narrow the search further by entering additional search text and specify more search criteria. See Url filter customization.
- Improved robustness of harvest engine to improve harvesting efficiency and better handle network and database connection issues during harvesting
Back to Home