This template is in Mature Support. Instead of using this code, please use one of the following options:
To build an application with the properties of Finder, consider using the search widget in Basic Viewer or Web AppBuilder to build an application with equivalent searching, printing, and sharing capabilities.
To build an application with the properties of Find, Edit, Filter, consider using the Search, Group Filter, and Smart Editor widgets in Web AppBuilder to build an application with equivalent searching, filtering, and editing capabilities.
Two applications use the code in this repository. Finder is a configurable web app template that searches and queries attributes of feature layers. Find, Edit, and Filter also has this functionality, with the addition of filtering and editing features. These apps are two configurations of the code found in this repository.
- Search for features using location or feature attributes
- Include additional values in the list search results
- Use the filter widget to restrict visible features to those with a specific value in a field - for example view only features on the 3rd floor of a building by filtering on the value '3' in the floor number field.
- Use the edit widget to edit and create features. New features with the filter field take on the current filter value by default - for example, if the filter is currently set to show only items on the 3rd floor, and new features will have their floor value set to 3 as well.
Preview the apps:
- Finder (formerly called Parcel Viewer) preview the application
- Find, Edit, and Filter preview the application
- To deploy this application, download the template from Portal/ArcGIS Online and unzip it.
- Copy the unzipped folder containing the web app template files to your web server. You can rename the folder to change the URL through which users will access the application. By default the URL to Finder will be
http://<Your Web Server>/<app folder name>/s2.html?app=apps2/Finderand to Find, Edit, and Filter will be
http://<Your Web Server>/<app folder name>/s2.html?app=apps2/FindEditFilter.
- Change the sharing host, found in defaults.js inside the config folder for the application, to the sharing URL for ArcGIS Online or Portal. For ArcGIS Online users, keep the default value of www.arcgis.com or specify the name of your organization.
- ArcGIS Online Example:
"sharinghost": location.protocol + "//" + “<your organization name>.maps.arcgis.com
- Portal Example where
arcgisis the name of the Web Adaptor:
"sharinghost": location.protocol + "//" + "webadaptor.domain.com/arcgis"
- ArcGIS Online Example:
"//js.arcgis.com/3.19"and replace this portion of the reference with the url to your local install.
- For example:
arcgisis the name of your Web Adaptor.
- For example:
- Copy an item ID from Portal/ArcGIS Online and replace the default ID in the application’s configuration file - either Finder.json or FindEditFilter.json in the apps2 folder.
- Complete the configuration of the application using the help (Finder or Find, Edit, and Filter) as a reference. You can now run the application on your web server or configure the application further.
- Authoring maps
- Configuring ArcGIS Online/Portal web app templates
- ArcGIS Online subscription or ArcGIS Portal
- Finder is optimized for display on smartphones, desktops and tablet devices using all browsers supported by ArcGIS Online.
- Find, Edit, and Filter is optimized for display on desktops and tablet devices using all browsers supported by ArcGIS Online.
Additional documentation about these apps:
Learn more about Esri's ArcGIS for Local Government maps and apps.
Show me a list of other Local Government GitHub repositories.
Esri's ArcGIS Online Help site describes how to create web maps and web map applications in the ArcGIS Online ecosystem.
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue.
Esri welcomes contributions from anyone and everyone. Please see our guidelines for contributing.
Copyright 2013 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the license is available in the repository's LICENSE.txt file.