ArcGIS Android SDK Samples repo for modern offine patterns and to the ArcGIS Android demo repo for more demo applications like this in the future.This repo has been deprecated as the ArcGIS Android API has updated API patterns for working with offline data. Please see the
An Android application for inspecting wind turbines in the field. The application is built with the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android. This application was shown in the ESRI Developer Summit 2012 Plenary.
The release application (apk) along with more information can be found at: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=01acc4eef0f04c2d9d0796e78938d3cd
- Create new features using a Laser Rangefinder connected via Bluetooth
- All data is local to the device. This showcases offline capability features available in the SDK. Offline data types include Map Tile Packages and JSON Feature Sets.
- This application has been developed specifically for Android Tablets targeting Android 3.2 (API 13) and up. It has been tested on 4.0 and 4.1 devices.
- Download and unzip the .zip file or clone the repo.
Import project into Eclipse IDE
- Java Development Kit SE 6
- Eclipse Juno or Kepler
- Android ADT Eclipse plugin
- ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android v2.0 or above
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute.
- Get Involved
- Report Issues
- Contribute Code
- Improve Documentation
Copyright 2012 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the license is available in the repository's license.txt file.