The Transit Network Analysis Tools are a set of tools for performing transit-specific network analysis. They are intended to supplement the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension by accounting for the time-dependent nature of public transit and to assist with analyses commonly needed by those working with public transit. For example, the tools provided here can help you perform accessibility calculations and show how the area reachable by transit changes throughout the day.
The Transit Network Analysis Tools must be used with a transit-enabled network dataset created either with the downloadable Add GTFS to a Network Dataset toolset in ArcMap or using the tools available natively in ArcGIS Pro.
- Visualize transit service areas (transitsheds)
- Study accessibility of destinations by transit.
- Calculate travel time statistics
- ArcGIS toolbox - No coding is required to use this tool. Use the tools like any other geoprocessing tools.
- To simply use the tool, download it here or from ArcGIS.com and follow the User's Guide.
- If you want to play with the code, fork it and have fun.
- ArcMap 10.2 or higher or ArcGIS Pro 2.4 or higher. A Desktop Basic license is sufficient.
- Network Analyst extension.
- A transit-enabled network dataset created either with the downloadable Add GTFS to a Network Dataset toolset in ArcMap or using the tools available natively in ArcGIS Pro.
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue, or post a question in our GeoNet group.
Esri welcomes contributions from anyone and everyone. Please see our guidelines for contributing.
Copyright 2019 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the license is available in the repository's license.txt file.