This repo contains four sample applications.
- basic-map.html - a basic mapping application configuration.
- basic-webmap.html - uses a simple web map.
- basic-gps.html - uses the GPS to acquire current location and center the map.
The jQuery sample also makes use of the jquery-mobile-map-js repository's jQueryHelper library.
Follow these instructions to Create your first Cordova app.
Copy the contents from this repo into any newly created /www directories
Set the sample you want to use in config.xml
<content src="basic-gps.html" />
To take advantage of GPS and Geolocation capabilities you may need to install the Geolocation plugin.
- Build the app and launch!
These applications will not work as stand-alone web applications because there are coded specifically for PhoneGap/Cordova.
For the most definitive approach, build and run application directly on a device. Use console.log statements for troubleshooting. With the latest versions of Chrome and Safari you can remotely debug the device as long as it's attached to your laptop via a USB cabable. This is super-convienent and very easy to set up.
- One actual working device for each mobile platform you want to deploy to. Simply testing on an emulator isn't good enough for production use. Test on as many devices as possible.
- AndroidStudio and XCode (iOS)
- Android SDK - if you are deploying to Android
- Node.js - for the PhoneGap/Cordova CLI command-line interface.
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute.
create_phonegap_quickstart.sh shell script can be used to create a repository for tracking changes or to make pull requests. If you are unable to run the script you can manually reproduce the steps described in it.
Copyright 2016 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.