The ArcGIS Solutions Geoprocessing Toolbox is a collection of models, scripts, and tools for use in ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS Pro. These tools provide specialized processing, workflows, and analysis for defense, intelligence, emergency management, and other solutions domains. With these tools you can determine visibility from a specific viewpoint, create search grids, and analyze event data. They are included with many of Esri's Solutions Templates, but developers can use this repository to download and contribute to the tool development process.
- Merge Pull Requests
- Creates Releases and Tags
- Manages Milestones
- Manages and Assigns Issues
- Backup when the Owner is away
Additional information is available in the repository's Wiki.
- A Tale of Two Toolboxes
- Instructions To Get Started
- Mature Support
Specialized geoprocessing models and tools for general defense and intelligence analysis tasks including:
The capability folder contains:
- ERG (Emergency Resources Guide) Tools
- Helicopter Landing Zone Tools
- Point Of Origin Tools -- This tool is moving to Mature Support
The data_management folder contains:
- Adjust Sample Data Dates Tools
- CADRG ECRG Tools -- This tool is moving to Mature Support
- CIB Tools -- This tool is moving to Mature Support
- Elevation Tools -- This tool is moving to Mature Support
- Geonames Tools
- Import and Conversion Tools - formerly Position Analysis Tools -- This tool is moving to Mature Support
- LiDAR Elevation Tools
- Network Data Preparation Tools -- This tool is moving to Mature Support
- Patrol Data Capture Tools -- This tool is moving to Mature Support
- Publishable Task Tools -- This tool is moving to Mature Support
The operational_graphics folder contains:
- Clearing Operations Tools
- Range Card Tools -- This tool is moving to Mature Support
The patterns folder contains:
- Incident Analysis Tools
- Movement Analysis Tools
The suitability folder contains:
- Maritime Decision Aid Tools
- Military Aspects of Terrain Tools
- Military Aspects of Weather Tools
- Path Slope Tools
The visibility folder contains:
- Sun Position Analysis Tools
- Visibility and Range Tools
- Visibility Data Prep Tools
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.4+ or ArcGIS Pro 1.1+
- Check Releases for tools for previous versions of ArcGIS Desktop
- Some tools require additional licenses (these tools will be disabled if license is unavailable), see READMEs for more information:
- ArcGIS Desktop Advanced (ArcInfo)
- ArcGIS Spatial Analyst Extension
- ArcGIS 3D Analyst Extension
- ArcGIS Network Analyst Extension
- For example these tools require Desktop Advanced and Spatial Analyst:
- Path Slope Tools.tbx\Path Slope
- Visibility and Range Tools.tbx\Range Fan
A Tale of Two Toolboxes
The solutions-geoprocessing-toolbox repo is now supporting toolboxes for both ArcMap/ArcCatalog/ArcGlobe/ArcScene (collectively called ArcGIS for Desktop) and also ArcGIS Pro. Toolboxes that are modified in ArcGIS Pro are not backwards compatible with other ArcGIS Desktop applications (ArcMap), so most toolboxes are duplicated for one or the other. The naming of these toolboxes is as follows:
- Toolboxes that are for ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 will include _10.4 after the toolbox name. For example: Visibility and Range Tools_10.4.tbx
- Toolboxes with a 'unversioned' name are for ArcGIS Pro 1.1. For example: Visibility and Range Tools.tbx
Please note that some toolboxes are for ArcGIS Pro only, or ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 only. These toolboxes will follow the above naming convention, but will not have a duplicate.
Instructions To Get Started
Getting Started with the tools
- Download the Github repository
- If repository was downloaded as a zip, extract the zip file
- Make note of this directory, the steps below assume it will be called "solutions-geoprocessing-toolbox"
- Open the toolboxes in the appropriate version of ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro listed in requirements.
- Questions about the tools? Start by reading the tool doc.
- Tool doc doesn't make sense? Please log an issue and let us know!
Downloading Test Data
This section is under reconstruction, per issue #371
Running Verification Tests
- Follow instructions in Running tests for solutions-geoprocessing-toolbox
For information Esri support levels visit the Esri Product Life Cycle page. Toolboxes marked for Mature Support will be removed from this repository's dev and master branches in the future, but will still be availalbe from earlier releases.
- GitHub Help
- Learn more about ArcGIS Solutions.
- Learn more about ArcGIS for the Military.
- Learn more about ArcGIS for Intelligence.
- Learn more about ArcGIS for Emergency Management.
- Learn more about ArcGIS Pro.
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue.
To submit an issue:
- Go to the issue tab
- Click New Issue
- Fill out all of the relevant sections
- Submit new issue when completed
When you contribute to this repository we ask that you follow the guidelines in the repository-specific guidelines for contributing. If you have questions, or you get stuck, please ask the Repository Owner. We are here to help! Thanks.
Esri welcomes contributions from anyone and everyone through GitHub. Please see Esri's general guidelines for contributing.
Copyright 2016 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the license is available in the repository's license.txt file.