The Spatial Framework for Hadoop allows developers and data scientists to use the Hadoop data processing system for spatial data analysis.
- ST_Centroid now returns the geometry centroid rather than the center of its envelope (as of v2.1).
- Spatial Framework for Hadoop v2 is compatible with Geometry v2, Hive v2.3 & v3, and Jackson v2. Note: up-to-date releases may be available on Github but not on Maven Central.
- JSON Utilities - Utilities for interacting with JSON exported from ArcGIS
- Hive Spatial - User-Defined Functions and SerDes for spatial analysis in Hive
- UDF Documentation
- JSON SerDe
Build as you would any other Mavenized repository. All dependencies are pulled automatically.
Ant build files are also available
At the root level of this repository, you can build a single jar with everything in the framework
using Apache Ant. Alternatively, you can build a jar at the root level of each
framework component (i.e.,
The build files use Maven Ant Tasks for dependency
management. You will need the jar in a place Ant can find it (i.e.,
- Esri Geometry API for Java - Java geometry library for spatial data processing.
- Geometry 2.0
- Hive 0.11 and above (see Hive Compatibility issues) (For building from source, Hive-0.12+ is required.)
- Workflows calling MapReduce jobs require the location of the custom job to be run.
- Custom MapReduce jobs that use the Esri Geometry API require that the developer has authored the job, (referencing the com.esri.geometry.* classes), and deployed the job Jar file to the Hadoop system, prior to the ArcGIS user submitting the workflow file.
- GeoData Blog on the ArcGIS Blogs
- Big Data Place on GeoNet
- ArcGIS Geodata Resource Center
- ArcGIS Blog
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue.
Esri welcomes contributions from anyone and everyone. Please see our guidelines for contributing
Copyright 2013-2018 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the license is available in the repository's license.txt file.