THIS IS AN OLD (DEPRECATED, NOT IN USE) REPOSITORY
The competition now runs with the code here: https://github.com/GAIGResearch/GVGAI
And the Learning track runs with the code in here: https://github.com/rubenrtorrado/GVGAI_GYM
This is the framework for the General Video Game Competition 2014 - http://www.gvgai.net/
FAQs / Troubleshooting
**3. Where are the Test methods? Due to the explosion of GVGAI competition tracks, we have distributed the main methods in different classes across the code hierarchy:
- Single Player Planning track: tracks.singlePlayer.Test.java
- 2-Player Planning track: tracks.multiPlayer.TestMultiPlayer.java
- Level Generation track: tracks.levelGeneration.TestLevelGeneration.java
- Rule Generation track: tracks.ruleGeneration.TestRuleGeneration.java
**2. How do I upload my controller? What files or folder structure do I need?
First of all, your controller
Agent.java and any auxiliary files you create should be in a single package folder with your username. For example, if your username is "abc", you should have a package folder named "abc" in the project. Your entire project layout should look something like this:
- abc |- Agent.java |- MyAdditionalFile1.java |- MyAdditionalFile2.java - tracks - core - ontology - tools
Then, all you need to do is to zip and upload the "abc" folder. No other folders/files are necessary.
3. I am getting the error
javac1.8 class not found when running Eclipse and ANT on build.xml
This is likely because the ANT version that is installed with your version of Eclipse is old. You can easily fix this problem by doing the following:
- Download the archive of the latest version of ANT (Tested with Ant 1.9.4)
- Extract the archive onto a local folder on your computer (e.g., /Users/gvgai/ant/apache-ant-1.9.4/)
- In Eclipse, go to Eclipse -> Preferences -> Ant -> Runtime
- Click on "Ant Home'' button on the right.
- Select the folder, which you extracted ANT into (e.g., /Users/gvgai/ant/apache-ant-1.9.4/)