Visual Studio jQuery Code Snippets
I have updated the popular jQuery code snippets for use in Visual Studio 2012. See a demo video on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Escy0hbEkI8&hd=1
Most of these snippets were originally developed by John Sheehan (http://jquerysnippets.codeplex.com/) for Visual Studio 2010.
Please feel free to submit pull requests to update this project.
Download v1.1 (.zip)
- Download the jQuery Snippets folder and all of its contents from this respository here: https://github.com/xxkylexx/Visual-Studio-jQuery-Code-Snippets/zipball/master
- Extract the zip and drop the jQuery Snippets folder into the Documents > Visual Studio 2012 > Code Snippets folder on your computer.
- In Visual Studio, navigate to Tools > Code Snippet Manager.
- Select language HTML from the language dropdown menu.
- Select the Add button at the bottom.
- Locate the "Documents/Visual Studio 2012/Code Snippets/jQuery Snippets/jQuery HTML" folder and click Select Folder.
- You should now see jQuery HTML in the listing of HTML snippets under the Code Snippet Manager.
- Click OK to exit the Code Snippet Manager.
- Restart Visual Studio.
- Start using the code snippets.
There are over 130 code snippets for jQuery included. You can view a listing of all of these snippets on the project wiki here: https://github.com/xxkylexx/Visual-Studio-jQuery-Code-Snippets/wiki/Snippet-Listing
- Create an easy installer.
- Update snippets to latest jQuery version. They are currently based on an old jQuery build.
** Please feel free to submit pull requests to update this project.