Betfunding is part of a bachelor's thesis done on June 2015 in the Faculty of Computer Sciences of the Complutense University of Madrid.
[ES] Desarrollo de una plataforma de crowdfunding distribuida sobre Ethereum [(download)] (https://github.com/EthereumUCM/Betfunding/blob/master/pdf/MemoriaTFG.pdf)
[EN] Development of a distributed crowdfunding platform on Ethereum
Betfunding is a decentralized crowdfunding platform that uses bets instead of donations to support artistic production and creative work.
Unlike other crowdfunding platforms, in Betfunding the investors are the ones that suggest a project and look for creators by the creation of a bounty for their work. Anyone can become a creator of a project if she pays a deposit as a commitment to the users. The success or failure of a project will be determined by a trusted third party designated at the beginning of the project that can be a person or an automated system.
The platform has been developed on Ethereum, a Bitcoin-like technology that allows to manage money with cryptocurrencies and to develop decentralized applications. The use of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies avoid the need for a trusted central authority to send and keep the money charging fees. Instead of that, it is done through a peer-to-peer network in a transparent and secure way.
Adrián Calvo María
Viktor Jacynycz García
Samer Hassan Collado
Antonio Sánchez Ruiz-Granados
How to use it
- Download AlethZero: https://github.com/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/wiki (Windows: http://build.ethdev.com/builds/Windows%20C%2B%2B%20master%20branch/AlethZero-Win32-latest.7z)
- Copy this repository on your computer.
- Copy the code inside Betfunding.sol and create a contract with it. Make sure that you have enough ether to pay for the transaction.
- Copy the address of the contract and put it inside the file /frontend/scripts.js:
var mainContractAddress = '0x' + 'PUT THAT ADDRESS HERE';
- Finally, open /frontend/index.html using AlethZero.