The first and most popular code of conduct for open and ethical source communities.
Project Home Page
For an overview and usage instructions, please visit contributor-covenant.org.
We are grateful to the 300+ people from around the world who have contributed to the evolution of this historic document.
For project governance, see our governance document.
We always collaborate in the open.
Please feel free to submit pull requests or open issues to improve the language of this document or to provide additional translations.
You should also check the issues for the latest discussions involving the current and future versions of the Contributor Covenant.
Build the website locally
To build the website locally, first install Hugo
using your package manager of choice.
For example, on Debian/Ubuntu:
$ apt-get install hugo
If you are using Arch Linux:
$ pacman -S hugo
If you are using Homebrew on macOS:
$ brew install hugo
Start the server
From the repository's root directory, start the development server:
$ hugo server -D
We're always looking for new localizations of the Contributor Covenant and are thankful to the volunteers who spend their time on translations.
If you are interested in doing a translation, please follow these steps:
- Fork the repository and make a branch for your translation.
- If it's a new language, add it to
config.toml, with a localized name and language code/optional region (e.g.
- Create a markdown file with your translation in
version/2/0/code_of_conduct.LANGUAGECODE.md. (Underscores, not hyphens.)
- Open a pull request.
- We will put out a call to have one or more other native speakers review the translation.
- Collaborate until the translation is satisfactory.
- We will merge your translation!
- HTML and plain text versions are automatically generated from your markdown file.
- A link to your translation is automatically added to the translations page.
Registering Your Community as an Adopter
- Fork the repository.
- Add a new row to the adopters.csv file, with your community or project's name in the first column, and the corresponding URL in the second column.
- Open a pull request.
Become a financial contributor and help us sustain our community. [Contribute]
If your organization uses Contributor Covenant, you should consider supporting us financially with a recurring donation. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Contribute]
The Contributor Covenant is open source and free culture released under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International public license.