Run your application at full speed while syncing your code for development, finally empowering you to utilize docker for development under OSX/Windows/Linux*
Developing with docker under OSX/ Windows is a huge pain, since sharing your code into containers will slow down the code-execution about 60 times (depends on the solution). Testing and working with a lot of the alternatives made us pick the best of those for each platform, and combine this in one single tool:
- For OSX, see :ref:`installation-osx`.
- For Windows, see :ref:`installation-windows`.
- For Linux, see :ref:`installation-linux`.
- See the list of alternatives at :doc:`../miscellaneous/alternatives`
- Support for OSX, Windows, Linux and FreeBSD
- Runs on Docker for Mac, Docker for Windows and Docker Toolbox
- Uses either native_osx, unison or rsync as possible strategies. The container performance is not influenced at all, see :doc:`../miscellaneous/performance`
- Very efficient due to the :ref:`native_osx in depth`
- Without any dependencies on OSX when using (native_osx)
- Backgrounds as a daemon
- Supports multiple sync-end points and multiple projects at the same time
- Supports user-remapping on sync to avoid permission problems on the container
- Can be used with your docker-compose way or the integrated docker-compose way to start the stack and sync at the same time with one command
- Using overlays to keep your production docker-compose.yml untouched and portable. See :ref:`docker-compose-yml`.
- Supports Linux* to use the same toolchain across all platforms, but maps on a native mount in linux (no sync)
- Besides performance being the first priority for docker-sync, the second is, not forcing you into using a specific docker solution. Use docker-for-mac, docker toolbox, VirtualBox, VMware Fusion or Parallels, xhyve or whatever!
.. toctree:: :hidden: :caption: Introduction Introduction <self>
.. toctree:: :hidden: :caption: Getting Started :maxdepth: 2 getting-started/installation getting-started/configuration getting-started/commands getting-started/upgrade
.. toctree:: :hidden: :caption: Advanced :maxdepth: 2 advanced/sync-strategies advanced/scripting advanced/how-it-works advanced/tips-and-tricks
.. toctree:: :hidden: :caption: Troubleshooting :maxdepth: 2 troubleshooting/sync-stopping troubleshooting/common-issues troubleshooting/native-osx-troubleshooting
.. toctree:: :hidden: :caption: Miscellaneous :maxdepth: 2 miscellaneous/development-and-testing miscellaneous/performance miscellaneous/alternatives miscellaneous/changelog