Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Changed what information is returned by default when no additional parameters are supplied.
In the previous versions of sp_WhatsupQueryStore all information was returned when no parameters were supplied.
In this new version the default changed to return nothing if no parameters are supplied.
This means that if you want to see all the information you have to set all the @return_ parameters to '1' or use the new
parameter @return_all and set it to '1'.
The reason for this change was the possible impact and runtime of the sp_WhatsupQueryStore stored procedure.
By limiting the results by default the impact is smaller and runtime is reduced to only the checks you explicitly specified.
Additional columns returned for the multiple plans selection:
- Plan ID
- Last Execution Time
- Query Text
- Engine Version
- Compatibility Level
Added new parameter @show_query_hints.
If @show_query_hints is set to '1' the "Queries with multiple plans" window returns the SQL command as XML you can run to force the
selected execution plan for the selected query through the Query Store.
WARNING: Think carefully before you force execution plans since it can negatively impact the performance of your queries!
Version 1.1 of the sp_WhatsupQueryStore Stored Procedure.
In this release I added many new optional parameters that influence the output of the stored procedure:
- @return_store_config : show or hide the Query Store configuration window.
- @return_forced_plans : show or hide the Forced Query Store plans window.
- @return_top_duration : show or hide the Top queries based on avg. duration window.
- @return_top_cpu : show or hide the Top queries based on avg. CPU time window.
- @return_top_log_read : show or hide the Top queries based on avg. logical read IO.
- @return_top_log_write : show or hide the Top queries based on avg. logical write IO.
- @return_top_phys_read : show or hide the Top queries based on avg. physical read IO.