Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Error when setting EVENTSTORE_HTTP_PREFIXES environment variable #272

Closed
wkruse opened this issue Oct 10, 2014 · 5 comments
Closed

Error when setting EVENTSTORE_HTTP_PREFIXES environment variable #272

wkruse opened this issue Oct 10, 2014 · 5 comments

Comments

@wkruse
Copy link

@wkruse wkruse commented Oct 10, 2014

Setting http prefixes via command line:

clusternode --http-prefixes="http://*:2113/"

works.

Setting http prefixes via EVENTSTORE_HTTP_PREFIXES environment variable:

EVENTSTORE_HTTP_PREFIXES=http://*:2113/

doesn't work:

Error while parsing options:
The value http://*:2113/ could not be converted to String[]

EventStore version:

./clusternode --version
EventStore version 3.0.0.0 (release-oss-v3.0.0/f64a8b77291f9af080cc9c4370ea4946399fbb2a, Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:33:35 +0200)
@gregoryyoung

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Member

@gregoryyoung gregoryyoung commented Oct 10, 2014

Just tried on dev

mono ./bin/clusternode/EventStore.ClusterNode.exe --http-prefixes="http://
*:2113/"

I would think its perhaps just not in 3.0 then but is already fixed.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 9:25 PM, wkruse notifications@github.com wrote:

Setting http prefixes via command line:

clusternode --http-prefixes="http://*:2113/"

works.

Setting http prefixes via EVENTSTORE_HTTP_PREFIXES environment variable:

EVENTSTORE_HTTP_PREFIXES=http://*:2113/

doesn't work:

Error while parsing options:
The value http://*:2113/ could not be converted to String[]

EventStore version:

./clusternode --version
EventStore version 3.0.0.0 (release-oss-v3.0.0/f64a8b77291f9af080cc9c4370ea4946399fbb2a, Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:33:35 +0200)


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
#272.

Studying for the Turing test

@gregoryyoung

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Member

@gregoryyoung gregoryyoung commented Oct 10, 2014

From looking though there has not been a change for two months in the args
code so I am
not quite sure why. @pieter any ideas?

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Greg Young gregoryyoung1@gmail.com wrote:

Just tried on dev

mono ./bin/clusternode/EventStore.ClusterNode.exe --http-prefixes="http://
*:2113/"

I would think its perhaps just not in 3.0 then but is already fixed.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 9:25 PM, wkruse notifications@github.com wrote:

Setting http prefixes via command line:

clusternode --http-prefixes="http://*:2113/"

works.

Setting http prefixes via EVENTSTORE_HTTP_PREFIXES environment variable:

EVENTSTORE_HTTP_PREFIXES=http://*:2113/

doesn't work:

Error while parsing options:
The value http://*:2113/ could not be converted to String[]

EventStore version:

./clusternode --version
EventStore version 3.0.0.0 (release-oss-v3.0.0/f64a8b77291f9af080cc9c4370ea4946399fbb2a, Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:33:35 +0200)


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
#272.

Studying for the Turing test

Studying for the Turing test

@pgermishuys

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Contributor

@pgermishuys pgermishuys commented Oct 10, 2014

Will have a look now @greg

@pgermishuys

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Contributor

@pgermishuys pgermishuys commented Oct 10, 2014

Ok, this is an issue. There is an issue in the environment variable parser.
When we gather up all of the options from the various places (environment, command line and config file) we are using different mechanisms to do this for us.

The command line parser is a little more clever in the sense that when it parses the command line arguments, it actually does the work of converting the argument into the correct type.
Our environment variable parser is a little less clever and only returns strings.

Will fix this in a bit.

@gregoryyoung

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Member

@gregoryyoung gregoryyoung commented Oct 10, 2014

Sorry I read backwards looking now.

On Friday, October 10, 2014, Pieter Germishuys notifications@github.com
wrote:

Ok, this is an issue. There is an issue in the environment variable
parser.
When we gather up all of the options from the various places (environment,
command line and config file) we are using different mechanisms to do this
for us.

The command line parser is a little more clever in the sense that when it
parses the command line arguments, it actually does the work of converting
the argument into the correct type.
Our environment variable parser is a little less clever and only returns
strings.

Will fix this in a bit.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub
#272 (comment)
.

Studying for the Turing test

pgermishuys added a commit that referenced this issue Jun 13, 2015
Removes the need for PowerArgs.
Fixes #272
bartelink added a commit to bartelink/EventStore that referenced this issue May 29, 2019
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
3 participants
You can’t perform that action at this time.