Exchange Calendar extension can:
- Synchronize calendars, tasks, and contacts with a Microsoft Exchange server.
- Create, edit and update events and tasks.
- Display contacts from your address books and the global address list (they are only readable, they are usable with address autocompletion).
- Manage the Exchange « out of office » feature.
This extension requires:
- A recent Thunderbird version up to 59.
- See the releases page for preview builds of ExchangeCalendar version 5 with Thunderbird 60 support.
- Lightning extension corresponding to the Thunderbird release.
- The Exchange server has to provide an Exchange Web Service.
ExchangeCalendar is developed by a community of interested developers. Support is best effort and cannot be guaranteed. Contributions are welcome.
Download a pre-built release from our releases page or build your own release as shown below.
This add-on was originally created by Michel Verbraak. It is open source and based on the work of many contributors.
If you would like to financially support the maintainer of ExchangeCalendar, please consider making a Patreon donation.
Please report any issues that have not previously been reported here.
The more information you can provide about an issue, the easier it becomes to reproduce and fix. Examples of helpful information are:
- Thunderbird version
- Lightning version
- List of running Thunderbird add-ons
- Log output
Patch the code
To help us to maintain the code, we will be thankful to follow these main guidelines:
- Use indentation with 4 spaces
- Avoid too long lines, try to break long lines into smaller ones
- Avoid to write "spaghetti" code with too many if/else imbrications
- Try to keep code simple to help us maintain it on long term
Note that our
Makefile has a
beautify target which will try to beautify
jsbeautifier Debian package) and XML code
tidy package) to help maintain a clean code.
When your patches are ready, you are welcome to do pull requests on our repository.
Please help us to review your code by making multiple small pull requests instead of big ones modifying big parts of the code.
You are welcome to provide translation updates on our Transifex project: https://www.transifex.com/ExchangeCalendar/exchangecalendar
To manually build the add-on, you have to:
# clone this project git clone https://github.com/ExchangeCalendar/exchangecalendar.git cd exchangecalendar # build it make build
xpi file is created in the project folder.
This file is directly installable from the add-on page of Thunderbird.
If it doesn't work, please check you have these tools installed (example for Debian):
sudo apt install git-core zip
This software is provided on a best-effort basis without any warranty. Please see the license for details.
Some of the icons and images used are from the Fugue Icons Collection made by Yusuke Kamiyamane.