Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
- Q0701 - How do I block unwanted messages from outside my host?
- Q0702 - I don't want to block spam entirely; how can I inspect each message
- Q0703 - How can I test that my spam blocks are working?
- Q0704 - How can I test that Exim is correctly configured to use a DNS black list
- Q0705 - How can I use tcpwrappers in conjunction with Exim?
- Q0706 - How can I get POP-auth-before-relay (aka POP-before-SMTP) support in
- Q0707 - I have one or two cases where my host correctly rejects messages, but
- Q0708 - How can I run customized verification checks on incoming addresses?
- Q0709 - Does Exim apply RBL checks to error messages, those with an envelope
- Q0710 - I want to reject certain sender-recipient combinations, with a specific
- Q0711 - Will Exim allow me to create a file of regexs and match incoming
- Q0712 - I've hacked sendmail to make an ioctl call at the time of the SMTP RCPT
- Q0713 - I'd like to pass all messages through a virus-scanning system before
- Q0714 - Is there a way to configure Exim to reject mail to a certain local host?
- Q0715 - How can I get Exim to remove attachments from messages?
- Q0716 - How can I arrange for each user to have a file listing the only sender
- Q0717 - When using Nessus on a system that runs Exim, a number of security
- Q0718 - Could anyone points me to right rules to prevent sending/receiving
- Q0719 - I would like to have a per-user limit for the maximum size of messages
- Q0720 - I set
accept hosts=192.168.122.96/32in order to accept mail for
- Q0721 - I have POP-before-SMTP set up on my Exim server, but some clients use
- Q0722 - I installed Amavis and it is working, but bounces are simply vanishing.
- Q0723 - I can't get Pine to work with PLAIN authentication; Exim keeps
- Q0724 - I have used
:fail:in some aliases; when one of these addresses is refused, I see the message on the log, but the response to the remote user is unknown user > instead of the message from the alias file. How can I change this?
- Q0725 - I've set up some specific rejection messages for certain recipients, but
- Q0726 - My SMTP authentication can be bypassed by sending an unknown user name
- Q0727 - When a message has many recipients, how can I stop SpamAssassin_ from
- Q0728 - How do I use Exiscan, SA-Exim, SpamAssassin_, Clam Antivirus, Sophos
- Q0729 - How can I screen out addresses that are neither valid usernames or
- Q0730 - How can I use the same passwords for SMTP authentication as I use for
- Q0731 - Is there any defence I can use against spam sent through an open proxy?
- Q0732 - I would like to either warn or deny when a host uses an underscore in
- Q0733 - Is there any way to tell Exim not to lookup the IP address against any
- Q0734 - How do MailScanner_ and Exiscan compare? What are the pros and cons?
- Q0735 - How can I block non-FQDNs in HELO/EHLOs?
- Q0736 - Is it possible to tell exim to drop the connection after a server
- Q0737 - Is there some way to tell Exim not to consider 127.0.0.1 as a valid MX?
- Q0738 - How can I configure Exim to delay the SMTP connection if more than 10
- Q0739 - Does Exim support SPF?
- Q0740 - How can I change the MAIL FROM address that is used for callouts?
- Q0741 - How can I get Outlook Express to use TLS when authenticating?
- Q0742 - How do I stop Exim being an open relay?
- Q0743 - What should I put in my acl_smtp_rcpt?
- Q0744 - I've got a queue full of "bounce" messages. How do I get rid of them?