This project contains the modernized version of ExplorViz.
This gradle project includes or installs every necessary dependency.
Documentation (Work in progress)
The API documentation is available here.
- Download the latest Eclipse IDE for Java Developers and Oracle Java SDK 8
- Install SpotBugs (formerly known as Findbugs)
Start Eclipse -> Help -> Eclipse Marketplace*- type in Spotbugs and install SpotBugs Eclipse plugin 3.1.5
- Install PMD and Checkstyle embedded in qa-eclipse-plugin
Help -> Install New Software- type in
Work withhttps://build.se.informatik.uni-kiel.de/eus/qa/snapshot/ and install Eclipse Plugins for QA Tools
- Follow the configuration as listed here
- Show the respective tool views (
Window -> Show View -> Other- check Bug Explorer, Checkstyle Violations, and PMD Violations)
- Follow the Eclipse Setup
- Clone this repository
- Import project into eclipse: via
Import -> Gradle -> Existing Gradle project -> path/to/explorviz-backend
- Start explorviz-backend via Eclipse Tab:
Gradle Tasks -> explorviz-backend -> gretty -> appStart
- Setup and start explorviz-frontend
- To force the download of newly added dependencies:
Right click on the project explorviz-backend -> Gradle -> Refresh Gradle Project. You might need to uncomment the respective lines in the build.gradle file.
- Generating API Documentation: Travis CI automatically builds all Javadoc on successful master-branch builds
Quick start with sample (dummy) monitoring
- Follow the above Setup Development procedure
- Clone TestApplication
- Start the TestApplication as described here.
- Open explorviz-frontend
Important: Changes that are related to dependency injections require a recompilation of the application. Use the gradle task
explorviz-backend -> gretty -> appRestart to recompile and start the server. Then, start the monitoring again.