Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
AS3 v3.7.0 contains the following changes. See the Document revision history for more information and links.
- Added support for using AS3 on BIG-IQ
- Added support for enabling and disabling server SSL from Endpoint policies
- Added support for PKCS 12 certificates
- Added support for using HashiCorp Consul for Service Discovery
- Added support for using external monitors in a declaration
- Added support for including arbitrary metadata in application objects and services
- Added support for tcpOptions in a TCP Profile
- Added a validation check for duplicated rule names on each class
- Modified the behavior for asynchronous mode. Note: Even if you have asynchronous mode set to false, after 45 seconds AS3 sets asynchronous mode to true (API swap), and returns an async response.
- Added the trafficGroup property to Service_Address
- Added a selfLink field to the async response
- Added an optional optimisticLockKey parameter to Tenant, which activates an optimistic lock on changes to the Tenant
- TLS_Server SNI Multiple Certs error
- Creating an Analytics_Profile on BIG-IP 13.1.x.y may throw an error
- Large async requests can cause tmsh errors
- AS3 always contains all tenants in response
- Special characters in data group keys cause a 500 status code response
- Unable to remove LTM policy after loading from UCS file
Released on 12/11/18
This release comprises two separate AS3 releases, our long-term support version AS3 3.5.1, and our most recent version AS3 3.6.0.
AS3 3.5.1 our long-term support release based off of the 3.5.0 release, and contains a single resolved issue from the 3.5.0 code base.
- Unable to mix AS3 nodes with /Common nodes in an AS3 pool.
There is also a version of the documentation specific to this release: https://clouddocs.f5.com/products/extensions/f5-appsvcs-extension/3.5.1/
AS3 3.6.0 is our latest feature release. See the Document revision history for more information and links.
- Added support for LDAP monitors
- Added support for a number of GSLB features
- Add support for reading and writing HTTP headers, URIs, and cookies to Endpoint Policies
- Added Service Discovery support to Firewall_Address_List.
- Added a filterClass query parameter for GET to declare endpoint to allow filtering of results
- AS3 now allows Service Discovery nodes to exist in multiple pools.
- Added support for DNS monitors
- Added support for L4/L7 Firewall DOS Profiles and WAF DOS Profiles
- Added support for using an Analytics profile
- Added the capability to add multiple ltm policies (Endpoint_Policy)
- Added the Service Discovery pool members option to be disabled or removed when not detected
- Unable to order LTM policy rules.
- Cannot use bigip when defining pool member
- Unable to remove/rename LTM policy rule with POST/PATCH
- Cannot reference existing nodes
- WAF_Policy fails on re-POST
- Fixed Idempotency failures in Monitor HTTP, HTTPS, and SIP
- Idempotency failures for TCL strings in LTM Policy conditions/actions.
- Declaration updateMode causes failures when creating large numbers of tenants.
AS3 v3.5.0 contains the following changes. See the Document revision history for more information and links.
- Added a Community Supported version of AS3 in a Container on Docker Hub
- Added support for Generic Services
- Added support for the FIX Profile for Service_TCP and Service_L4, which includes the ability to configure Sender Tag Mapping and Log Publishers
- Added support for internal, external, and existing Data Groups
- Added support for spanning in Serivce_Address
- The AS3 schema is now published on GitHub (https://github.com/F5Networks/f5-appsvcs-extension/tree/master/schema)
- Pointing to a Service_Address in a declaration can fail .
- Incorrect validation of declarations wrapped in an AS3 Request object.
- Multiple conditions or actions in an Endpoint Policy Rule can cause AS3 to lock up.
- Errors when processing a declaration can cause AS3 to lock up.
- HTTP Profile Compression issues (Extra “glob” characters included in content-type and Cannot update uri and content-type include/exclude values).
- Declaration updates that remove a property can silently fail.
- Enforcement_Listener declarations cannot reference Service_Generic declarations.
- Service_Address and Pool members can have naming conflicts.
- Persist update not idempotent due to prop with regex value.
-Success on second POST with Diameter Endpoint Profile.
- Cannot update certificate properties.
AS3 v3.4.0 contains the following changes. See the Document revision history for more information and links.
- Added the ability to use Service Discovery for Azure, and remote Service Discovery for AWS, Google, and Azure. Remote service discovery allows your BIG-IP to reside anywhere, not just in a particular cloud.
- Added support for auto-population of FQDN pool members.
- Added support for BIG-IP Policy Enforcement Manager (PEM).
- Added Firewall (Carrier Grade) NAT support).
- Added for using BIG-IP DNS features.
- Added an example with one tenant and three applications to help clarify the serviceMain naming requirement.
- Corrected an issue where upgrading from AS3 v3.2.0 could cause an error message about creating an existing pool.
- Corrected an issue where TCL strings in declarations were not properly escaped.
- Corrected an issue where FQDN pool members were not auto-populating correctly.
AS3 v3.3.0 contains the following changes. See the Document revision history for more information and links.
- Added the ability to use F5 Service Discovery for AWS and Google Cloud. Service discovery allows the BIG-IP to automatically discover (or remove) pool members based on tags on your cloud resources.
- Added support for Firewall rules, Firewall policies which contain lists of firewall rules, and logging.
- Added support for HTTP profile enforcement properties; AS3 now supports all current BIG-IP HTTP profile properties.
- Added support for URL routing policies.
- Added support for referencing SSL certificates and keys that exist in the Common partition.
- Added an example declaration that includes all current AS3 properties (over 3000 lines of code).
Released on 8/6/18
AS3 v3.2.0 contains the following changes. See the Document revision history for more information and links.
- Added the ability to import a WAF (ASM) Policy (see the WAF import example for details).
- Added the ability to allow or deny client traffic from specific VLANs (see the VLAN example for details).
- Added the ability to configure Local Traffic Policies that route to a pool based on URI (see the Local Traffic Policy example for details).
- Added the Pool_Member parameter adminState, which allows you to disable individual pool members (see Appendix A: Schema Reference for usage).
- Added Explicit Proxy features to the HTTP profile (see Appendix A: Schema Reference for usage).
- Added SHA256 hash to the distribution for verification (see Verifying the integrity of the AS3 RPM package for details).
- Transaction lock enabled to protect against multiple simultaneous declarations posted to AS3.
- Replaced the Known Issues list with a link to GitHub Issues.
- Added documentation for Token Auth
- Restart no longer required on TMOS 12.1 after upgrading AS3.
- APM Sandbox error no longer occurs when deleting a tenant.
- The GET method no longer has issues with duplicate query string tenant values.
Released on 7/6/18
Added AS3 version 3.1.0 to the dist directory. This release contains the following changes:
- Added support for BIG-IP (TMOS) v12.1.x
- Added support for the PATCH method, following RFC 6902.
- Added the ability to disable ARP and ping on any service. Added the Service_Address class to enable this feature.
- Added HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security) properties to the HTTP_Profile class.
- /mgmt/shared/appsvsc/info returns the current version of AS3, and is the standard method for determining whether AS3 has been installed.
- Corrected user-defined ICMP monitors to use BIG-IP gateway-icmp instead of icmp.
- Inserted a delay to avoid a race condition that caused the error “localhost is not a BIG-IP” on startup.
- Stabilized the configuration of nodes in /Common/Shared.
- Stabilized the configuration of ciphered passphrases.
Initial release of Application Services 3 Extension.
See the documentation at http://clouddocs.f5.com/products/extensions/f5-appsvcs-extension/3.