The objective of the Metadata and Data Sharing committee is to recommend standard methods to record information for all samples, experiments and analyses carried out by FAANG consortium members; recommend best practice for data archiving; and define data sharing methodologies that encourage sharing within the FAANG consortium and rapid public release of raw data and analysis results.
The M&DS committee will meet periodically to discuss these issues and define and update the metadata standards
The expected outcomes are:
- Metadata standard documents to assist FAANG members to define sample, experimental and analysis metadata. These documents will highlight both required fields and recommended additional info.
- A guidance document for archive submission of sample records and experimental and analysis data.
- Data sharing facilities for both within consortium sharing and public release.
- Work with the Analysis and Samples/Assays committees to ensure the metadata and data sharing standards meet the scientific needs of FAANG.
- Contribute to organised scientific dissemination to the whole community.
If you would like to join FAANG and the M&DS committee visit the FAANG website.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org