Level Up XP (block_xp)
Engage your students! A Moodle plugin to gamify your students' learning experience by allowing them to level up in their courses.
- Automatically captures and attributes experience points to students' actions
- Block that displays current level and progress towards next level
- Report for teachers to get an overview of their students' levels
- Notifications to congratulate students as they level up
- A ladder to display the ranking of the students
- Ability to set the number of levels and the experience required to get to them
- Images can be uploaded to customise for the appearance of the levels
- The amount of experience points earned per event is customizable
- Page to display the list of levels and a description
- Experience points are earned per course
- An event is fired when a student levels up (for developers)
Purchasing the Level Up XP+ add-on unlocks additional features. Click here for more details.
Moodle 3.3 or greater.
Simply install the plugin and add the block to a course page. More details are available here: Level Up XP documentation
The plugin can also be installed using composer at fmcorz/moodle-block_xp.
How are experience points calculated?
Have a look at this documentation page.
Restricting access based on students' levels
Have a look at this availability plugin Level.
Have a look at this enrolment plugin Level.
What are those? Shortcodes can be used in editors throughout Moodle to include or modify the content. The plugin Shortcodes must be installed to enable them.
Check the list of supported shortcodes.
How to use one block for all courses
In order to gather experience points from all the courses a student is participating in, you have to set the admin setting Where are experience points used? to 'For the whole site'. This setting is located under "Site administration > Plugins > Blocks > Level Up XP". Once set, any block newly or previously added will display the total experience points of your student.
- Awarding a badge when a student reaches a level (blocked by MDL-39864)
Licensed under the GNU GPL License.