Note: this version is primarily numbered "7.1" due to feedback from users about the major version number increasing too rapidly. It has the same amount of ongoing development as the usual FRR release cycle.
User-visible changes since the 7.0 release:
- there is a new, work-in-progress gRPC northbound configuration interface plugin
table NNNcommand was removed from
zebrasince it has been broken for a long time.
- the dataplane interface modularization and multithreading work is progressing steadily.
- IPv6 Router Advertisements sent by zebra can now have RFC 8106 DNS options added to them.
- EVPN can now be configured in non-default VRFs.
- RFC 8212 — a default "deny" policy for eBGP sessions — can now be selected.
Aside from these, a huge amount of fixes and ongoing development is happening, as usual.