A Linux Electron App to access the UK(Only) Channel 4 website. Channel 4 provide players for every other platform Win/Mac/Xbox/Android/IOS
Provides Live streams for:
- Channel 4
- More 4
- Film 4
- 4 Seven
- 4 Music
And access to catch-up services and channel 4 series boxsets.
- Tray Icon with minimise to tray and application menu provided
- Context menu, with cut, copy, paste:
- The player can be undocked from the main window (Not live streams) to make a seperate mini player. Menu selections from here close the player and open the selection in the main window
Uses libpepflashplayer.so from chromeOS, taken from https://github.com/TomBZombie/Linux-Watch-Flash-DRM This enables Linux to run flash DRM content (dirty hack, but the only way at the moment)
This is my first ever attempt at developing a full application (Small shell & python scripts excluded)
How to install
- .Appimage, download the and set as executable, and run.
- .DEB, Download and install with software center, GDebi or by opening a terminal and typing: 'sudo dpkg -i four_1.0.0_amd64.deb'
- .Zip, Unzip the file and run the four binary
|Login to My4||Ctrl L|
|Channel 4 Live||Ctrl 1|
|E4 Live||Ctrl 2|
|More 4 Live||Ctrl 3|
|Film 4 Live||Ctrl 4|
|4 Seven Live||Ctrl 5|
|4 Music Live||Ctrl 6|
|Channel 4 News||Ctrl 7|
|On Demand Service||Ctrl D|
|Box Sets||Ctrl B|
|TV Guide||Ctrl G|
|Fullscreen (Not Player)||Ctrl F|
|Quit Application||Ctrl Q|
- On clicking play a notice sometimes appears about ad blockers, a 10 second countdown begins and then you have to click play again.
- On clicking flash fullscreen the player opens in it's own maximized window with a blank title bar. 4 Music live is the exception as it is served from another provider.
- When the Application start the channel4 homepage has a gap between the window menu and the webpage menu due to a full background advert which doesn't display,dissapears when switching pages.
- Flash player cannot be resized.
- Check internet connectivity.
- Media Player Controls / accessability
- Mpris Intergration.
- Player Window resizing, title bar removal and fullscreen key control.
- Package Snap
Four is a third party application and is not affiliated with or in control of content it provides. All content is copyright of Channel 4 Television Corporation