This repository should help you getting started by providing the boilerplate of how to obtains tweets.
- Clojure starter: https://github.com/sojoner/stromer
- Python starter: https://github.com/truemped/bbhack-2014
- Scala starter (this repository): https://github.com/knutwalker/bbuzz14-stream-mining
- Java 1.6 or later
- If you have a bash or a similar shell at hand, you can use the provided
sbtstarter, otherwise, you have to install sbt
git clone https://github.com/knutwalker/bbuzz14-stream-mining.git && cd bbuzz14-stream-mining
Use at bbuzz hackday 2014-05-28
run an example
open the REPL
using the sbt shell
re-start to start an example and
re-stop to stop an example.
Have a look at the provided examples. You have to specify two things:
1. How you want to deal with Tweets.
Implement your own TweetConsumer.
2. Choose a TweetProvider
By mixing in a concrete TweetProvider and filling in the required parameters (such as
you create a mainable object, that you can run.
If you're unsure about what parameters are required — the compiler will tell you when something's missing.
The scaladoc is available at this github page.