- Prepared a minimal realtime multiplayer environment
- Shared classes for client / server
- Console.log debug messages
- Player connection / disconnection
- Player list management and synchronization
- Player class with id, nick, position...
- Keyboard input managements, minimal up/down/left/right supported
- Movements broadcasted with websockets
- Rate limit for sent movement messages
- Minimal server authority for player position
- Simple player visualization on HTML5 Canvas
- Uses Paul Irish's requestAnimationFrame
- Toggable debug console with "\"
- Show FPS
Online working demo app: http://mangonel.nodejitsu.com/
- Collisions with map bounds and other players
- Canvas click
- Websocket message enumeration
- Tileset engine (maybe)
- Clone the repository with
git clone git://github.com/Fabryz/mangonel.git YOUR_PROJECT_NAME
- Install dependencies with
- Start the server with
- Point your browser to
- Learn it, be it, develop it, play it
Copyright (c) 2012 Fabrizio Codello
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.