New CodeIgniter Project
Tired of downloading CI, changing application directory location and stuff every time? Check out this custom version with a checklist.
It’s just a way (at least for me) to speed up the creation of a new CI project by few minutes.
It could also be useful to beginners, give it a look!
What’s contained in here?
CodeIgniter v1.7.2, the popular open source PHP MVC framework made by EllisLab, with:
- application directory at the same level of the system one
- .htaccess file to remove the annoying index.php on URI
- assets directory to better organize css, images and js scrips, Eric Meyer’s reset CSS included
- installation checklist instead of the welcome message
- autoloaded common libraries and helpers
- changed few configs like:
- Global XSS filtering = TRUE
- Session encrypt cookie = TRUE
- Some custom project constants that could be useful
Download, rename the root directory with your project name, fire up your webserver, point your browser on the project URL and follow the steps. You know the rest :)
This simple custom CI install has been automagically crafted by Fabrizio Codello