Woolyarn is a Node.js + Socket.IO + Express.js project boilerplate It is a library to manage user events and interactions in your realtime application. It keeps everything synchronized for you.
- User class is shared between the client and the server
- Keep users data structure synchronized between client and server
- Manage user join/quit websocket events with Socket.IO
- All connection events are logged on console.log
- Uses RequireJS module loader
- app.js renamed to server.js
- Public directories renamed to css, js, img
- Includes the latest version of minified jQuery
- Server HTTP request logger
- Quick debug console toggable with "", that shows the current client id and the number of the total connected users
Tired of doing
express YOUR_PROJECT_NAME and having to:
- rename files, make new ones,
- then configure your app to support Socket.IO interaction and
- manage user data structure, with join/quit/synchronization events?
Examples of projects based on Woolyarn:
- Clone the repository with
git clone git://github.com/Fabryz/woolyarn.git YOUR_PROJECT_NAME
- Install dependencies with
- Start the server with
NODE_ENV=development node server.js
- Point your browser to
- Congratulate yourself for the time you have now gained, start developing
Copyright (C) 2013 Fabrizio Codello
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.