Concepts and Terminology
- Payload: A file or command that is run on a target machine to establish an agent
- Agent: An instance of an Agent Type that is registered and communicating with Faction.
- Agent Type: A kind of agent, for example Marauder
- Modules: Libraries that provide a Faction Agent with additional functionality in the form of commands or transport options.
- Transport: The combination of a Transport Server and Transport Module
- Transport Server: A server that sits between a payload/agent and the Faction API. It manipulates API messages so that they can be routed over different transmission methods or obfuscated (or both)
- Transport Module: A module that allows an agent to talk to a specific kind of Transport Server