Paragraph icons for Annotator.js
This is a port of the paragraph icons from the Factlink annotation library to Annotator.js. The goal is to provide a discoverable annotation interface that integrates automatically with any website. Just drop in the script, and it works!
See index.html for a demonstration.
Download or clone this repo, and put this in your HTML:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="annotator-paragraph-icons/dist/main.min.css"></link> <script src="annotator-paragraph-icons/dist/main.min.js"></script>
Include as a module in Annotator 2.0:
This will then add a new hook called
createFromParagraph which is called when
clicking on a paragraph icon, and passes a reference to the DOM node of the
- Automatic detection of paragraphs with actual content (no side bars, menus, etc).
- Adapts size and colour of the icons to the text.
- Avoids clashing with styles and scripts of the host page.
- Smooth fading in/out experience when moving the mouse across the document.
- Should work reliably across browsers.
- Fast -- optimised distinct descendants algorithm and batch rendering of icons.
- No complete separation of scripts from host page yet. Ideally both the paragraph icons and Annotator.js itself would be loaded in a jail iframe to further isolate scripts.
- Refreshing when page content changes (contact me if you need this, I'd be happy to spend some time implementing this -- @JanPaul123).
npm install grunt
Copyright (c) 2011-2015 Factlink Inc. and individual contributors. Licensed under MIT license, see LICENSE.txt for the full license.