Fake bootstrapping example
Note: There are other variants (as branches in this repository) to choose from as well as other installation options
- as paket-cli tool https://github.com/matthid/fake-bootstrap/tree/paket_clitool
- as global tool https://github.com/matthid/fake-bootstrap/tree/global_tool
This repository shows how to bootstrap FAKE from nothing.
fake.cmd scripts will:
- install .NET Core with the provided install scripts (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/tools/dotnet-install-script)
- restore FAKE as local cli tool via
dotnet tool restore
- redirect the given arguments
dotnet fake <args>.
If dotnet is already a given you can edit the scripts accordingly.
Unix (or git bash on windows after dotnet/cli#8491)
git clone https://github.com/matthid/fake-bootstrap.git cd fake-bootstrap ./fake.sh run myscript.fsx
git clone https://github.com/matthid/fake-bootstrap.git cd fake-bootstrap .\fake.cmd run myscript.fsx
To upgrade to latest packages, just delete
myscript.fsx.lock and run fake again.