Urbit's first ever talkbot. Say hello to
~talkbot in chat! It tries to be useful, but doesn't do the dishes.
The current code is not reference quality. It's decent, but uses old syntax and is a bit roundabout in places.
Want to make your own, from scratch? Urbit By Doing can teach you how!
When responding to a message, ~talkbot tries to use the message's audience. For complex audiences this does not yet work well. (It has a special case for the different urbit-meta channels, always sending replies to ~binzod/urbit-meta if the audience includes any official urbit-meta channel.)
- Does various bits of chit-chat.
- Provides page titles and other URL metadata.
- Can perform functionality on command.
pingReplies with "Pong."
!pingMeasures round-time to caller by using
!ignoremeTo have ~talkbot ignore your messages.
~noticeme) to make ~talkbot respond to your messages again.
!chopraPosts a fake Deepak Chopra quote.
!quotePosts a quote overheard on Urbit.
- Automatically post about new issues and pull requests in Urbit repositories.
- Short-form explanations for runes and terms.
- So much more.
Pull requests welcome!
~Talkbot's source code is available under the GNU General Public License v3.0.