This is the source code for isitdown.site
It's made with:
- Flask (python3),
- HTML5/CSS (with HTML5 boilerplate)
- Was hosted on Heroku (<3 for them) but now it's hosted on Linode (<3 for them too)
Please note: The logo is handmade by Antonio Di Rosso so you should not use it in other projects.
- You should have Postresql and Python 3.6 installed.
- Create a user and a database for isitdown.site, and import the isitdown.db file.
- Give build.sh run permissions:
chmod +x build.sh
- Open a terminal, and run
./build.shto create the virtual environment and download the required packages.
source .venv/bin/activateto activate the virtual environment
- Add the database connection uri as enviornment variable:
export DATABASE_URI=postgresql://username:password@localhost/database. You can add a
PORTvariable to ovverride the default listening port (5000).
- Finally, run
python3 index.pyto run the site.
There is also a flask.wsgi.template used to install it in apache.
DATABASE_URI: The database connection string.
PORT: The port to listen on
development, it will print useful debug messages.
Please check the LICENSE file.