Monolights 2D deferred lights
Implementation of a 2D deferred lights engine for Monogame. Inspired on the effect as used in the games Full Bore (Whole Hog Games), Hive Jump(Graphite Lab). Also see Sprite Lamp (Snake Hill Games) for a related tool.
- LightingEngine, the sample application.
- MonoLights, the actual implementation of the Deferred engine.
The example application
The running sample application should look like this:
Run the application and use the following keys to toggle basic settings:
- Mouse: use the mouse to move the light around (both lighttypes).
- Left Mouse button: spawn a random pointlight at the mousepointer location
- Right button: toggle between pointlight and spotlight
- Left, Right: rotate the spotlight
- Up, Down: Increase, decrease the light power (both lighttypes).
- A, Z: Increase, decrease the 'Z' value of the light (both lighttypes).
- S, X: Increase, decrease the light decay (both lighttypes).
- D, C: Increase, decrease the beam width of the spotlight.
- F1: Toggle drawing the debug (intermediate) rendertargets.