WeeChat scripts by FiXato
My personal repository of scripts for the WeeChat chat client, www.weechat.org
Scripts I've written to add features to WeeChat I felt were missing.
A Clone Scanner that can manually scan channels and automatically scans joins for users on the channel with multiple nicknames from the same host.
listbuffer.py (for now still developed in its own repository)
Show /list results in a common buffer and interact with them.
Swap two buffers' positions. A feature requested by Kakazza in #weechat.
/swap [buffer] <buffer to swap with>
/swap #weechat #weechat-fr
Task https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/index.php?11351 "Allow buffer names for irc.msgbuffer"
(Custom (s)notices buffer)
Output stats about the number of different buffers. Something like:
Total of 55 buffers: 1 core, 6 server buffers, 43 channel buffers, 3 queries, 2 plugin buffers; 10 of them are merged.
advanced highlights manager:
Assign target buffers & colours to highlights. Dynamically create target buffer if necessary
/highlight add /(lol|nyan-?)cat/ nyancats
When the highlight would get triggered, it will create a new buffer,
python.nyancats, —should the buffer not already exist— and display the message (+source buffer) in it.
mkdir -p ~/src/github/FiXato && cd ~/src/github/FiXato
git clone git://github.com/FiXato/weechat_scripts.git
ln -s *.py ~/.weechat/python/
- and if you want to autoload:
ln -s *.py ~/.weechat/python/autoload/
See headers of individual scripts for their Changelogs.
Notes on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it (even though I don't have tests myself at the moment). This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, but do not mess with gemspec, version, history, or README. Want to have your own version? Bump version in a separate commit! That way I can ignore that commit when I pull.
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
- You'll be added to the credits.
Thanks go out to:
- Sebastien "Flashcode" Helleu, for developing the kick-ass IRC client WeeChat and the iset.pl script which inspired me to write listbuffer.py.
- Nils "nils_2" Görs, for his contributions to iset.pl which served as example code for listbuffer.py.
- David "drubin" Rubin, for his urlgrab.py script, which also served as example code for listbuffer.py.
- ArZa, whose listsort.pl script helped me getting started with grabbing the /list results for listbuffer.py and whose kickban.pl script served as an example for handling infolists for clone_scanner.py.
- Khaled Mardam-Bey, for making me yearn for similar /list support in WeeChat as mIRC already offered. :P
Copyright (c) 2011 Filip H.F. "FiXato" Slagter, http://google.com/profiles/FiXato
See LICENSE for details.