Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
How do you like your WarMECH?
- Added new WarMECH encounter options -- WarMECH can be converted to an NPC wandering around Sky Castle 4F, or blocking your path on 5F.
- Added Progressive EXP Scaling.
- Added presets for the bracket rounds of the Spring Tournament.
- Added a hash to the title screen to quickly verify the seed, flags, and randomizer version.
A new gameplay mode, where instead of defeating the 4 FIENDs and lighting the orbs, you search for SHARDs of the shattered Black ORB in the Temple of Fiends. When enough SHARDs have been collected, you warp to a new final boss. As usual, see the What's New page for more information.
Windows and Command Line Versions
The Windows version has seen a lot of love from multiple developers, and is now up to date again with the web version, and should be a lot easier to maintain in the future thanks to a significant rework. The command-line version was also updated to be a bit easier to use, and we've created a set of presets in JSON files that let you create and save your own. Check out the README for further details.
- WPF app major update, has model binding, common style, and proper layout now
- CLI update, more usable command line options
- JSON presets shared across WPF, CLI, and Web apps
- New CHAOS Rush mode
- New final boss challenges
- Randomize spellcasting items
- Dash is now automatic, hold B to slow down
- Turn order randomization algorithm improved to be less unfair to the player
- Removed INT from status screen, replaced with MDEF which is actually useful to know
- Discovered Modern Battlefield was one frame quicker per battle, so added a frame to make it match
- Fixed line endings
Update: The command-line executable has been given a bit of love, with better parameterization and added JSON preset files. Give it a shot if you like CLI apps:
dotnet FF1R.dll with no parameters will print usage instructions.
A ton of bug fixes and small features made it into this release! We were working on a lot of these in parallel with NPC Shuffle, so we hope you enjoy:
- Fixed BB absorb bug
- Encounter group shuffle (within same zone)
- Unrunnable shuffle
- Ambush rate shuffle
- Fixed enemy elemental resistances (XFER works against them, AFIR works for them)
- Fixed enemy AoE spells failing to target caster
- Battle message window draw/disappear speed increased
- Ribbon name won't be overwritten if you've changed it
- SHIP now appears at the nearest dock where you find it
- Sky Castle 4F teleporter shuffle
- Obscure black magic slot bug fix
- Weapon and armor shops can now be totally randomized instead of shuffled
- Allow starting gold to always be 400
- Prevent PIRATEs from being too powerful
- Added Chaos Rush option, starts the game with all four ORBs and the LUTE
- Fixed softlock from visiting too many teleports/stairs (Ordeals)
- End game displays # of treasure chests opened
No downloads for this version.
Check out http://finalfantasyrandomizer.com for the new randomizer. The Windows desktop version will be updated in the semi-near future, when the UI changes have settled down a bit more.
The main feature in this release is NPC Shuffle. The changes are too numerous to summarize here -- see the What's New section of the website for details.
- Fixed sometimes displaying the wrong text instead of "Nothing here."
- Removed Shuffle Party Leader (will come back in a later version).
- Added Modern Battlefield option, looks more open.
- Fixed a delay issue when the menu background was set to black.
- Treasure chests containing gold once again have a space between the amount and the G, as they should. We discovered that a ton of gold strings were unused by the game, which freed up text space for this.
- Fixed a bug where some map objects displayed the wrong text.
- You can now change the background color of the menu screen by pressing the SELECT button on the title screen (the screen that says Continue/New Game). This affects dialogue boxes, shops, etc., but does not (yet) affect the battle menus.
- Lots of stats are tracked. Total damage dealt and received, number of battles/run/ambushes/etc., number of steps, resets, and others. Stats are displayed during the ending scene.
- A random ending message will be displayed during the ending scene before the game stats. See if you can identify the sources for all of these. :)
- The starting index for the RNG has been standardized across different hardware and emulator implementations, so everyone should get the same encounters following a hard reset.
- Speaking of hard resets, you can do this by pressing Up and A simultaneously on controller 2. Yes, just like Zelda. No, you don't have to bring up the subscreen first.
- You can now paste in a flags string generated by crimbot (or copied from the desktop version) into the website version by clicking the "Import..." button.
- Fixed two flags being in reverse order between the Windows and Web versions. The generated ROM always matched the checkboxes, but the flags string displayed incorrectly on the Windows version and would copy-and-paste incorrectly between versions.
- Moved an elf out of the way in Elfland Town.