An image set of head-shots of FT Journalists for use with bylines.
As with all image sets, these are available via the Image Service.
To get an head-shot from the Image Service, use the following URL (replace the
product_source with your product name and
headshot_name with the head-shot you want)
So to get Robert Shrimsley:
The source file for these images are all very large, so it's a good idea to pass in the width parameter to get the width you need.
Getting these head-shots in a different colour/format/size
The Image Service will convert these images on the fly if you pass in the right parameters. To find out more about this, please see the Image Service documentation
Adding or modifying headshots
To keep head-shots consistent, please follow these guidelines:
- Head-shots must be in PNG format
- Head-shots must be cut out against a transparent background
- Head-shots must be square
- Head-shots must be colour
- Head-shots should have some blank space at the top of the shot
- Head-shots should be mostly of the face, cropped above the shoulder. See the registry for examples of this
- Head-shots should be as high quality as possible (the Image Service will resize them for the appropriate use case)
- Head-shots must be named as the person they represent. Filenames must be all lower-case hyphenated.
- good: robert-shrimsley.png, merynn-somerset-webb.png, sarah-o-connor.png
- bad: SarahO'Connor.png, NigelAndrews.png, robertshrimsley.png
Please do not delete head-shots without talking to the Origami team who will need to manage the deprecation process
This software is published by the Financial Times under the MIT licence.