Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.
By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and
privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.
Already on GitHub?
to your account
Submitted by: @abzalov
This example works fine in Embedded v2.5 but fails in Embedded v3.0.
Test query: select * from RDB$COLLATIONS (you can use any other)
Sources of client application is attached. Compiled binaries are attached too (compiled with Delphi XE2 with IBX components).
How to reproduce in 2.5 - client application would not hang:
1) unzip the embedded server (http://sourceforge.net/projects/firebird/files/firebird-win32/2.5.6-Release/Firebird-126.96.36.199020-0_Win32_embed.zip/download)
2) create empty database
3) move test application (MultiThreaded.exe) to the folder where embedded server is located
4) MultiThreaded.exe test_2_5.fdb sysdba masterkey
How to reproduce in 3.0 - client application would hang:
1) unzip Zip kit for manual/custom installs (https://sourceforge.net/projects/firebird/files/firebird-win32/3.0.1-Release/Firebird-188.8.131.52609-0_Win32.zip/download)
2) copy the file fbclient.dll to gds32.dll (if IBX is used)
3) don't change the providers parameter on then config file (use default value #Providers = Remote,Engine12,Loopback)
4) create empty database
5) MultiThreaded.exe test_3_0.fdb sysdba masterkey
When was tested the Alfa release (in November of last year) - client application was not hang.
Commits: c112d5d 01ecfb9
The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered:
Attachment: MultiThreaded.zip [ 13020 ]
Sorry, something went wrong.
Commented by: @abzalov
Do you need some more information?
Maybe it was necessary to provide the client source code in C++?
Commented by: @hvlad
Commented by: @AlexPeshkoff
Added additional mutex to avoid simultaneous access to attachment from different threads
status: Open [ 1 ] => Resolved [ 5 ]
resolution: Fixed [ 1 ]
Fix Version: 3.0.2 [ 10785 ]
Fix Version: 4.0 Alpha 1 [ 10731 ]
status: Resolved [ 5 ] => Resolved [ 5 ]
QA Status: No test => Cannot be tested
status: Resolved [ 5 ] => Closed [ 6 ]
No branches or pull requests