This API challenge to evaluate some prospective tools for API exploration and automation. This project was my attempt at evaluating the latest Frisby 2 alpha.
To run this, you'll need the following commands:
npm install -g jasmine-node
I've also committed the VS Code bindings so that you can F5 on any individual spec.
Challenge One - httpbin
Assert that this endpoint redirects you via an HTTP/302 to example.com:
Assert that the "Dan" header returned in this response is “awesome”
Challenge Two - Twitter
Assert that the latest @NottsTest tweet:
- contains the word "pizza"
- contains a user_mention for @rebelrecruiters
You’ll need to auth via OAuth here. Some tips:
- Go to https://apps.twitter.com/ whilst logged in at and make an app (you can use "http://example.com" for your URL)
- Do OAuth via your tool
- If your tool doesn’t do OAuth, then read this: https://dev.twitter.com/oauth/application-only
Challenge Three - JIRA
Assert that the assignee of TTT-1 is George. Authenticate with JIRA via Cookie rather than OAuth.
- post credentials as JSON to https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/rest/auth/1/session
- there'll be set-cookie headers
- parse and send them with the next request