gonav - GO Navigator
This is an Android app for Pokémon GO players who want to track Pokémon in a fairly enjoyable way. By watching your nearby area, gonav keeps you updated with live compass/distance metrics via the Android notifications API.
Get the APK
Download the latest version from the Releases page.
- Automated background scanning in a radius of about ~400m around you.
- Set up alerts for live distance and orientation notifications on specific encounters.
- Heads-up display tracks all seen encounters.
- Decentralised; no middleman service needed.
- A PTC account - it is highly recommended that you do not use the account that you play the actual game with.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop or higher (tested on Android N, built for L but not tested at all outside of a VM)
- Unidentified crash while switching networks (?)
Pull requests, etc. Please do not directly submit feature PRs without opening an issue first; we want to avoid bloating the application and adding in features not related to the core functionality.
- Android Wear support -- anyone got a Smartwatch?
- There are no unit tests. I wanted to set up some instrumental test cases first thing, but I couldn't figure out how to get it working. If someone can figure that out so we can keep this automatically tested to a degree, that would be nice.
- Could we get this working on KitKat? Something worth investigating.
GNU GPL v3. Read LICENSE.md.