Framework for the Fitzwilliam Museum website
This repository contains the code base for a Laravel based front end for the latest version of @fitzwilliammuseum website.
The front end is very simple and uses Bootstrap latest framework, latest JQuery and various libraries to interface with a headless API provided by our installation of the @directus 8 system, Solr and ElasticSearch endpoints.
The models in this system point at an API rather than a database.
Data comes from various systems and API endpoints.
- Main content - Directus Headless CMS
- Search content - SOLR 8.11.1 instance
- Collections content - CIIM version 5 ElasticSearch instance from Knowledge Integration, standard mappings and the nascent API
- Twitter - API driven
- Shopify - FME systems queried and indexed daily into SOLR
Google Polydeprecated as of June 2021
In production, we use REDIS. Locally use File based caching unless you want to install REDIS.
- Install php 8.1 into your environment
- Install composer and then do the following
$ git clone https://github.com/FitzwilliamMuseum/fitz-main-website $ cd fitz-main-website $ composer install $ cp .env.example .env $ nano .env $ npm install
Fill in variables for your instance (Cache etc)
If you are running locally you can preview the website via:
$ php artisan serve
Daniel Pett @portableant