A minecraft bukkit plugin that adds carbon emission tracking using AMEEconnect (http://www.amee.com).
Licensed under the BSD 3-Clause license (See LICENSE.txt for details)
Author: James Smith (email@example.com)
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2011-2013 James Smith & AMEE UK Ltd
- Java Version 6 SDK
- Minecraft 1.5.1
- Craftbukkit 1.5.1-R0.1 (beta)
- An AMEEconnect API key from http://my.amee.com
Download the latest release from (tbc).
Place into your craftbukkit plugins folder.
When you reload the server, it will probably crash (I'll fix this soon). In the plugins/ClimateCraft/config.yml file, enter your AMEEconnect API key details and all should be well.
Many items, blocks and mobs will release or absorb carbon into the atmopshere when they are burnt or grown. As the pollution level goes up, the weather will get worse. Storms will become more frequent, and more thundery.
co2: prints the amount of co2 in the atmosphere (permitted by default)
setco2 <amount>: sets the amount of co2 in the atmosphere (not permitted by default except on console)
- Change carbon tracking to count in ppm, not kg.
- Add climate sensitivity scale, so you can customise how fast things change.
- Create random water source blocks for floods when ppm is high.
- Randomly change grass blocks to sand as ppm goes up.
- Bring back the lowered clouds and dark skies from the original version, if possible.
Building the code yourself
ant dist. This builds the whole lot.
ant deploywill copy the plugin to a test/plugins folder. Handy if you have a craftbukkit instance in the test folder...
About the code
The src/com/amee directory contains all the code which talks to AMEE and manages the level of carbon in the atmosphere.