This repository contains an extended version of Smack. It's primary used by aSmack, to build an Android version of Smack. But since aSmack just changes some stuff and adds patches on top of a Smack branch, these branches can be used also in non-Android environments.
- smack-aiv smack from a-iv, who contributed here too.
- dnssec_extended (DNSSEC patches on top of smack_extended)
- maybe some other branches to test new patches
The current state of Smack, plus additional patches.
Additional non-upstream (yet) patches
Here's a list of patches that are included in smack_extended. If there is a issue on the offical smack bugtracker, it will be linked too. The issue reports usually contain also a link to Smack's community forums, where more information about the issue can be found.
- Fix for SMACK-278 Deadlock during Smack disconnect
- Fix for SMACK-371 Update MUC to the current spec (Prospody MUC support)
- Entity Capabilites support SMACK-361
- Roster Versioning XEP-0237
- BOSH support (XMPP over HTTP aka. HTTP Binding) SMACK-187
- Some more fixes I can't remeber atm
In sync with smack_extended plus XEP-0198 patches from devrandom (gibberbot)
The current state of the vanilla SMACK (upstream) development.
An Entity Capsabilities implementation on top of vanilla smack. Similar to the one found in smack_extended. Test cases are missing and are maybe the only reason this hasn't gone upstream yet.
This fork of smack was initiated by Rene Treffer for the aSmack build environment, in order to get Smack working on Android for the buddycloud project. aSmack on Googlecode is now inactive. Before the project was abdoned, Rene migrated the data from Googlecode to GitHub. This is where I forked his repo and started working on aSmack, mostly janitorial tasks, but I also merged smack 3.2.0 and keep smack_extended in sync with upstream.
Join us: ##smack @ freenode
- Rene Treffer
- Till Glocke
- Jonas Ådahl
- Smack (Apache License)
- DNSSEC4J (Apache License and GPLv3)