Colony Manager allows you to make colonists do the more tedious parts of managing a colony. Set up production chains from raw resources to finished products, and your managers will make sure you're never out of vital resources again*.
Requires a new save game. Adds a worktype, which is stored in the world, which means you need to start a new game after adding/removing this mod.
BETA VERSION This is the first release on A16, and alpha 16 is a biggy for anything that is even slightly related to mods. In theory, each map you're on should get it's own instance of the manager - circumventing any complications with multiple maps. This also means Manager jobs are NOT shared across multiple maps. In practice, there's so many changes that I'm pretty sure there's going to be a few odd bugs. Please, if you find any, report them here.
- Assign 'global' bills, that will be assigned to workstations by your manager(s).
- Set start/stop conditions with the aid of a trigger.
- Select which workstations bills should be assigned to by area and/or count, or select specific workstations.
- Quickly add jobs for ingredients in complex production chains
- Set a target for meat, and never worry about designating hunting manually again!
- Set an area to clear of all predators - keep your home area safe!
- Set a target for wood, and never worry about designating lumber manually again!
- Automatically clear wind turbine catchment areas to ensure they're working at maximum efficiency.
- Set an area to clear of all vegetation - make sure there's no possible cover or retreat for any hostiles that dare attack you.
- Set a target for animals (for four separate age/sex combinations), and pawns will auto-butcher and/or tame to manage your herd.
- Restrict animals to specific areas (for example to separate male/female animals and prevent breeding).
- Auto-butcher, tame and train according to your specifications.
- Clear overview of all jobs
- Show stock and designated levels for the last day, month and year
- Show pawns capable of a job, and set work status
- Prioritize jobs, the manager will handle prioritizing jobs on worktables (however standard priority ordering across worktables still applies).
Import & Export
- Import & export jobs between colonies, or share them with others! (Will likely throw at least a few errors when different mods are loaded - always back up your save before importing jobs from another world)
How does it work?
You can manually set bills in the new Manager tab on the bottom of the screen. Once set, a colonist with the manager skill and worktype enabled will go to a manager station to figure out the best way to hand out jobs to individual workstations Periodically, the manager will check if the assigned bills are still up-to-date, and make changes or delete bills where required. The manager will not touch bills that are set manually, nor will managers create jobs. You're still the overlord. In theory there is no real limit to the number of global bills that can be set.
Requires a new save. Adds a worktype, which in my tests gave errors on old savegames. Should work perfectly fine with other mods that add bills, assuming they do nothing too fancy/weird. (I've tested with various modpacks - screenshots were taken with the ModVarietyPack.)
Skills display on the colonist info pane gets cut off. This is an issue with the vanilla interface I'm not willing to change (it has too many possible conflicts).
- KapTaiN KaVerN: Minifiable research benches
- Moumix3: Research tweaks
- duduluu: Chinese translation
Think you found a bug?
All current and past versions of this mod can be downloaded from GitHub.
This mod is licensed under the Creative Commons by-nc-sa 4.0 Int license.
This is version v0.16.1.4