Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the FluidSynth project Wiki
FluidSynth is a free software synthesizer. Its currently based on the SoundFont 2 specifications and supports real time MIDI effect controls. It can be used as a shared library for embedding in other applications, can play MIDI files and has a command line shell. Many other applications use FluidSynth for audio synthesis.
- Cross platform support (Linux, macOS and Windows to name a few)
- SoundFont 2 support
- SoundFont 3 support (vorbis-compressed SF2)
- Realtime effect modulation using SoundFont 2.01 modulators
- Playback of MIDI files
- Shared library which can be used in other programs
- Built in command line shell
The Applications page has a growing list of other software which uses FluidSynth.
MadeWithFluidSynth is a page for users to post links to their Music and Audio creations made with FluidSynth.
The Documentation page contains information for both users and developers on FluidSynth.
FluidSynth currently has only a command line and shell interface which comes built in. Most users will likely want to use another application which interfaces to FluidSynth and provides a more friendly GUI.
The Applications page is a list of other applications which use FluidSynth.
For all questions, support requests and development related discussions regarding FluidSynth, please post to our one and only mailing list (developers and users):
Current FluidSynth TEAM
- Tom Moebert - tom [d0t] mbrt [at] gmail [d0t] com
Former FluidSynth TEAM
- David Henningsson - fluidsynth [dot] web [at] epost [dot] diwic [dot] se
- Element Green - element [at] elementsofsound [dot] org
- Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas - plcl [at] users [dot] sf [dot] net
See AUTHORS file for a list of the many other individuals who have contributed to FluidSynth.