Clone this wiki locally
FluidSynth is a free software synthesizer. It's based on the SoundFont 2 specifications and supports real-time MIDI effect controls. It can be used as a shared library for embedding in other applications, can play MIDI files and has a command-line shell. Many other applications use FluidSynth for audio synthesis.
- Cross-platform support (Linux, macOS and Windows to name a few)
- SoundFont 2 support
- SoundFont 3 support (vorbis-compressed SF2)
- Realtime effect modulation using SoundFont 2.01 modulators
- Limited support for Downloadable Sounds (DLS) Level 1 & 2
- Playback of MIDI files
- Audio files rendering from MIDI files
- Shared library which can be used in other programs
- Built-in command line shell
The Applications page has a growing list of other software that uses FluidSynth.
MadeWithFluidSynth is a page for users to post links to their Music and Audio creations made with FluidSynth.
The Documentation page contains information for both users and developers on FluidSynth.
FluidSynth currently has only a command line and shell interface which comes built-in. Most users will likely want to use another application which interfaces to FluidSynth and provides a more friendly GUI.
The Applications page is a list of other applications that use FluidSynth.
For all questions, support requests and development related discussions regarding FluidSynth, please open a discussion on GitHub or post to our one and only mailing list (developers and users):
Current FluidSynth TEAM
- Tom Moebert
Former FluidSynth TEAM
- David Henningsson
- Element Green
- Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
See AUTHORS file for a list of the many other individuals who have contributed to FluidSynth.